Monday, January 28, 2013

From coast to coast like space ghost!!

Just got back from our trip to Orlando last Friday and it was really fun and totally exhausting! I never did finish reading that book on the plane ride back because I felt like sleeping instead. We got there Sunday night, picked up our rental car which was a Toyota Rav 4 and went off to the hotel to check in. After waiting 15 min to verify our reservation because the website we booked it through didn't send the hotel our reservation......we finally get to our hotel room and it's amazing! We stayed at the Residence Inn by Marriott and it was like a small studio apartment. Loved the layout of the room and Dave and I joked that we could actually live in something like that because it was so nice! His family didn't get in until the next afternoon so the next day we drove around looking at souvenir shops and ended up at Downtown Disney. We walked around there for quite a bit and I got my mickey hat!! Have always wanted one of those!! with my name embroidered on the back too!
We finally met up with Dave's family and headed to our rental home we had for the week. It was really nice!! It had a pool and hot tub in the community and free wifi!
On Tuesday his Grandma, great aunt and her daughter came to visit. We went to Old Town and walked around and went to a flea market! The next day we all went to Daytona Beach! We went down to the beach for a couple hours and walked around. It wasn't very warm out but it was neat to see the beach :)
We had Hooter's for lunch and then went on to tour......Daytona International Speedway!!! It was so AWESOME!!!


 The room where all the drivers have to meet for a mandatory meeting before the race.

 Victory Lane!!!
 View from the skybox, this was sooooo awesome!!!
Last year's race winner, Matt Kenseth's car! They kept it exactly the way it was after all the confetti and stuff was thrown at it after winner. totally cool!

Then next was.....DISNEY WORLD!!! It was a very long day but soooo much fun!! Got to ride Space mountain, teacups, dumbo, and it's small world....all rides you have to ride when you go :) and I got to meet Stitch!!! We stayed for the nightly lighted parade and got to see some of the fireworks before heading back. My feet felt like they were gonna fall off but I would totally do it again! Felt like a kid at heart!

                                                  On the teacups :)
                                                           Me and Stitch!!!!!
                                                            Dave and Stitch!!
                                                           Dave and I in front of Cinderella's castle in day and night :)

                                                    The lighted parade!!!

I thought the picture with snow white in front of the castle like this was one of the best pictures I took on this trip!! looks so cool!!

This last weekend all we did was relax after the trip. We went out and bought and Xbox 360 and the guys have been playing it alot. Dave finally found a use for the gift card my mom got him for Christmas so that made him happy! I went back to school today and it wasn't too bad. I only had one class today which was Nutrition. My teacher is an older lady who is a Registered Dietitian and she seems like a pretty good teacher! After class I went to see where my biology classes were for tomorrow. Campus seems different than the schools I went to in Illinois. Some entrances to classrooms are on the outside of the buildings. That's pretty common for other schools around here too from what I see. Also...it's true...I am a minority around here!! A lot of the people attending my school from what I've seen are all different races....not a lot of blonde haired, blue eyed people either. So it will take some getting used to but I'm pretty sure I can handle it!

No comments:

Post a Comment