Wednesday, January 9, 2013

"And everything is closing down, Til summer comes around"

Yesterday wasn't too eventful, we were going to take Kurt somewhere but ended up doing that today when we went to Santa Cruz. We did go out to the yardhouse last night for some drinks and appetizers. I went shopping with Jadzia earlier and got a cute new dress with pockets! I paired it with leggings because the fabric was thin, a jean jacket that I got from savers, and a necklace I got a long time ago from Target that I've only worn once before.
I had to take a picture and remember this moment because I hardly ever feel so stylish and last night I did lol! I've been trying to get more "grown up" clothes that look a little bit nicer than a concert tee, sweatshirt, jeans and tennis shoes.
I've been tracking so far all week on My Fitness Pal and have successfully logged two days in a row under my calorie count! If you want to add me as a friend on there my username is Withthebandgrl :) I made myself breakfast the past two days, my version of the egg mcmuffin with egg whites and a banana.....
For lunch we went to In-N-Out burger and I got a cheeseburger "protein style" which means no bun with a lettuce wrap on the outside. I didn't have fries and when we got home I had some Special K cracker chips that pretty much filled me up until we were in Santa Cruz.
It's been a while since we've been to Santa Cruz, I think the last time we went was when my parents came to visit....last April!! Of course the weather wasn't the greatest but it was nice to see the ocean again! The sea lions weren't too active but they were still there. The beach bums were missing from the pier thought, they must've migrated south for the winter but they are usually there begging for change...so annoying. I bought some bay scallops at the wharf and cooked some for dinner. They were alright but needed to be paired with a pasta or something, seemed kind of bland.
                                              Kurt looking at the sea lions and our friend Mike.
                            View of the boardwalk from the pier. It made me think of Keith Urban's song Til Summer Comes Around. "The boardwalk's quiet and the carnival rides are as lonely as my broken heart tonight" One of my favorite songs of his!
                                               The sleepy sea lions and maybe you can see it but there's a starfish too!

No comments:

Post a Comment