Tuesday, December 25, 2012

I'll be home for Christmas, if only in my dreams...

This year marks the 2nd year I haven't been home with my family for Christmas. It sucks being so far away but I am happy we got to go home for Thanksgiving and see them. I don't know what I would do without technology like we have today. I talked on Google Plus with my family at least 3 times this week via webchat. I got to see my family open gifts we exchanged with each other. I even got to see my two new baby cousins! They probably had no clue what was going on but was happy to see their faces and hear their voices. If we didn't have such technology I would probably have to talk to everyone on the phone or even worse, have to communicate in snail mail. Dave and I probably won't go home for the holidays next year but who knows what will happen between now and then. We didn't exchange gifts with each other yet and I don't think Dave and I are doing gifts this year. We are going to Orlando the 3rd week of January and going to Disney World. Holy crap am I excited! I can't wait to see Cinderella's castle and see Mickey and Minnie. I am 25 going on 7 everyone....haha! So that is kind of our Christmas presents to each other I suppose. We are going to see Dave's niece play in the band at the parade at Disney. His whole family will be there and it will be a great opportunity for me to get to know them a little bit more. Spending more time with them will be great too. A week after that I go back to school so it will be nice to have some fun before being pounded by school. Dave says this first semester back will be rough and I believe it. I'm taking 13 credits and am looking for a part time job for a little extra money. If I don't get a job right away we will be fine and its hard to find a place that will take college students with their forever changing schedules. I had a job interview for a place called Al's beef that is opening up after the new year. It's a place based out of Chicago and saw them on Man vs Food. The interview seemed to go well, the manager really liked how I got all the questions right on the test for the application that dealt with food safety. He was concerned about my trip to Orlando though but we will have to see because he said he might see me after my trip! *fingers crossed*

No comments:

Post a Comment