Monday, September 16, 2013

Pickin' Wildflowers!! And Chocolate fest!

As many of you know, my mom came to visit me from Illinois last week. I just dropped her off at the airport not too long ago and she is on her way back already! It won't be long until we see each other again. Dave and I are going home next week for his sister's wedding :)

Here is a slight recap of all the fun me and mom had over the course of the week! It started with a concert of course! As soon as she got off the plane and into my car we were off to see Keith Anderson at the Santa Cruz county fair! I had never been to this fair and didn't know what to expect but it was pretty nice! Mom signed us both up for meet and greets for Keith and I got a few of his infamous hugs! What a nice guy!!

After the M&G we sat right in the front of the stage to watch his hour long set that included some of my favorite songs by him like Everytime I Hear Your Name, Podunk and Pickin' Wildflowers. He also played some newer music that I had never heard before and it was pretty good! I guess you can find his new cd on his website if you want to check it out! I can't wait to see him again sometime in the near future ;) 


Thursday I had class so we didn't do much...but Friday I took her to Santa Cruz to see the sea lions :) 
And the Santa Cruz Pier!! 


We went to Betty's Burgers for lunch, so yummy!!! 


After that we went home and then headed to the KRTY songwriters show! (which you can find the blog about that before this one!) 

Saturday the whole gang went to San Francisco for Gharidelli Chocolate fest!! Dave and I went last year and it was so much fun, we had to bring everyone! There was so much chocolate!! My favorite had to be the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cotton Candy! Also sampled some chocolate vodka and chocolate infused wine :) 
Chocolate Malt! 


We all sat by the bay for a little bit to rest our stomachs for more chocolate and little did we know, the world cup sailing race was going on!! Not a very good picture but in the middle you can kind of see the two ships sailing! 

Us sitting by the pier, thanks for the great pic Andrew! 

After getting some more chocolate, we wandered down the pier and found a bayside historical site! It was $5 each and you could go on and see some amazing floating history! My favorite was the big sail ship, it was like a floating history museum and even had the captains wheel uptop where you could take pictures! 

The Ferryboat

The ship I really liked! 


On the tugboat....I couldn't resist..had to pull the lever! lol! 


Captain Dave! 


Captain Jadzia! 


Below there are people in costumes singing old songs


Beautiful day in San Francisco!! Got a great picture of the Golden Gate :) 


Had an amazing time with mom and everyone! 









No comments:

Post a Comment