Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Life.....what's next?

Ramble Ramble Ramble. This is real life. Sometime's it's great and you know what you are doing and the next you are standing with your shoulders shrugged and hands in the air. 

I'm not particularly frustrated with life but I'm confused with what to do. I've completed my associate's degree at SJCC and had intentions to continue on with my Bachelor's. I have yet to hear from the college I applied to that I was admitted. I also had a completely horrifying moment during one of my speeches in my communications class that I was too embarrassed to go back. Speaking in front of large groups of people is not my forte. I would just rather sit behind my computer screen and write something. So needless to say I have decided to switch what I want to do again. 

I recently started learning Javascript and brushing up on HTML/CSS. Dave has been a great help since he already had known the ins and outs of programming for years. So right now that's what I'm doing and not much else. Sharks season is over until September so I don't really have much work until then......so then what else do I do? Dave and I (mostly Dave) are working on a website/application idea that I hope people will love too, especially crazy concert goers like us :) Stay tuned for that! Hopefully will be done with it and have it working in about 3-4 months. 

Dave recently discovered a blog/website also called Mr. Money Mustache aka MMM. We are really trying to cut back on spending and at first I was kinda skeptical that we could do it. We have started with food which includes not eating out as often and making everything at home. We have been doing that for a little over a week and so far seeing that we are spending much less on food (shocker). Dave also wants to become financially independent like Mr. Money Mustache in about 10-12 years. Which by financially independent he means "retired". I don't really like to refer to it as "retired" because then it makes me feel like I should be old or something. If we could live like that though and not have to worry about money then that would be amazing. If I can figure out different ways to save money too I will be posting that on here so that everyone can benefit! 

So yeah, real life.........it's crazy, random and can get even crazier! 

No comments:

Post a Comment