Sunday, August 10, 2014

"Follow Your Arrow Wherever It Points"

On August 7th, 2014, Kacey Musgraves played to a sold out audience in San Jose, CA at the Rodeo Club. I have been wanting to see Kacey for quite a while and finally got to see her perform live.
Kacey is a very talented singer/songwriter and sang a song called "Mama's Broken Heart" recorded by Miranda Lambert. Kacey's debut album "Same Trailer, Different Park" is an amazing example of her songwriting and one of my favorites! 


Kacey could barely hear herself singing when she sang favorites like "Blowin' Smoke", "Merry Go Round", and "Follow Your Arrow". The San Jose audience really knew how to make her feel welcome at the Rodeo Club! 
Here is a small video of "Blowin' Smoke"!   




She sang many songs off her debut album "Same Trailer, Different Park" and few cover songs. She sang a Dolly Parton cover that she sang on the CMT show Crossroads with Katy Perry. I was really surprised when she broke out singing a cover of "No Scrubs" by TLC. I wasn't expecting that but she nailed it and it was awesome! I love all of the songs on Kacey's debut album but lately one has been sticking out to me called "I Miss You". Here is a small snippet video of that:
 
For "Follow Your Arrow", I was impressed that her band wore the light up suits that they wore when they performed at the Grammy's earlier this year. Kacey even had on light up cowgirl boots on that I totally want someday! 
(light up boots)

Kacey again could barely hear herself sing "Follow Your Arrow" since the crowd was singing so loudly. She eventually just let the crowd sing the song to her! Here is a video of that:




I was very impressed with Kacey's show that night and hope to see her again sometime soon! She blew me away! 


No comments:

Post a Comment