Thursday, July 17, 2014

"Sweet Home Chicago"

This next series of concerts I went to were back home where I grew up in Illinois. My parents and I went to the Windy City Smokeout two days and attempted to see Jerrod Niemman at the Stephenson county fair in Freeport, IL. Due to the elements that show got cancelled but we were fortunate enough to still see the opener Chris Cavanaugh.

On July 11th, 2014 my mom and I went to the opening day of the Windy City Smokeout to see Brett Eldredge, Josh Thompson and Shawn Lacy. Shawn Lacy opened this festival and I was very impressed with him. His music was pretty soulful and reminded me of the style of the Zac Brown Band.

The skies opened up during Shawn Lacy's set and in continued to rain until just about the time that Josh Thompson took the stage. 

I haven't seen Josh Thompson in a very long time and he played a lot of music from his new album that just came out. He was pretty entertaining but my mom and I were laughing the entire time because his bass player looked like he was on something if you know what I mean.....
 (<-----crazy bass player)
Josh Thompson singing "Way Out Here"

Josh Thompson singing his latest single "Wanted Me Gone"


It was a true home state moment for Brett Eldredge when he took the stage Friday night in Chicago. Brett was probably the most energetic than I've ever seen him! You can tell that he loves playing in Chicago and that the Chicago crowd loved him. I was so happy to see him play in my home state as well as his! 

"Put your hand on my hip 'cause you'll know that I'll lose it" 




Brett also taught me that night what the Chicago flag looked like....I was wondering why he changed his shirt and what the significance of it was. My mother told me later that it was the Chicago flag! More than twenty years living in Illinois and I didn't know that? I still feel like a moron. 

"Just A Taste" is a newer song that he's been playing in his shows and I finally got a video of it! 


There was also another new song he sang called "Illinois" about his home state. He closed the show by singing his hit "Don't Ya" then came back for an encore that included "Sweet Home Chicago". He completed the night by bouncing around singing the Blackhawks goal song! 






No comments:

Post a Comment