Thursday, June 19, 2014

You Got The Soul And You Know How To Use It....

Brett Eldredge played to a very attentive audience at the Alameda County Fair in Pleasanton, CA on June 18th, 2014. I had the joy of attending this fair for the first time and also by myself. It was a pretty big fair with a lot of rides and vendors. I did not get there early enough to get a wristband for early entry into the amphitheater so I waited in the general admission line for three hours. It was well worth it because I scored a seat up front!

Brett came out singing a new song called "Can't Behave". He went on to perform most of his songs from his debut album "Bring You Back". Eldredge's interaction with the crowd was amazing as he moved from one end of the stage to the other, pointing and smiling at people. 


His current single "Beat Of The Music" just recently hit #1 on the Mediabase country charts and it was such a treat to see everyone singing along with him to this smash hit! Here's a video of it:



I'm a huge fan of Brett's and one of my favorite songs off his debut album is "Gotta Get There" and had to get a video of that too:



While Brett played a lot of his own songs, he also played quite a few covers. He sang a Frank Sinatra cover (which I love) called "Fly Me To The Moon". 

After playing his song "Mean To Me", he broke it down into some of my favorite pop songs like Bruno Mars' "Just The Way You Are" and Coldplay's "Fix You". 


Brett played his first #1 single "Don't Ya", which always gets the audience into a frenzy. 


I left after that because I did not know that he was going to do an encore. I could hear him play some Brooks and Dunn, Travis Tritt and a few other cover songs. Brett gave California quite a show and I really talk him up because he is one of my favorites. His voice and his songs really have a lot of potential for a lasting career in country music! If you ever get a chance to see him live do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment