Thursday, February 27, 2014

We are tonight!

Last night Dave and I went to check out Sam Hunt and Chase Rice at the Rodeo Club in San Jose, CA! It was our first time seeing both of these singer/songwriters that are pretty new to the country music scene. I wasn't sure how I was going to write this review but I'm going to do it anyway. I was very impressed with one of these artists and was kind of bored with the other.

The artist that really impressed me was Sam Hunt! He's got an interesting voice that I can tell has been influenced by not only country music but R&B as well. He did a medley of covers songs that included and older R&B song from the 90's called "This is How We Do It". I got a little video of that:



He's also written hit songs for Kenny Chesney (Come Over), Billy Currington (We Are Tonight) and Keith Urban (Cop Car). I was most excited to hear his version of Cop Car because I love Keith and loved hearing the song sang by the original songwriter. I got a little video of that, and also one of him singing his song recorded by Billy Currington! 





Sam Hunt also said that he has an album coming out later this year! I'm pretty excited for that after seeing him! While waiting for that release, you can check out his acoustic mixtape on soundcloud until then :) 


Next up was Chase Rice! I was excited to see Chase after hearing great things about him and his music. So needless to say, I had maybe some higher expectations. I hate writing negative reviews especially about an artist that I know had been getting a lot of hype and buzz about. I'm not sure what it was but Dave and I came to an agreement that he didn't seem to be very entertaining. This is just my opinion though and hopefully he changes my mind about him when we see him open for Dierks Bentley this summer! 


No comments:

Post a Comment