Friday, February 14, 2014

I'm On Top Of The World

Last night was kind of a spur of the moment concert night for Dave and I. We got tickets to see Imagine Dragons at the SAP center in San Jose! At first when I started liking them, I looked at tickets and there were hardly any good ones left. Then I was scheduled to work that night. I was then told that I didn't need to come in....so for fun, I looked at ticketmaster again last night and they had released some good seats on the side of the stage!

This is also the first time I think since we saw Train that we had been to a non-country concert! We got there right in the middle of one of the opening acts called Naked and Famous. I really liked their sound but I couldn't understand any of the words the woman lead singer was singing.

It was definitely a different vibe in the arena! There was a general admission crowd on the floor and a good mix of people from what I could see! Imagine Dragons put on one heck of a show! There were a lot of drums on the stage (of course) and the lead singer Dan was very energetic, making his way all around the stage. There were points in the show that him and the other band members would come up to the side stage right next to us. Right then and there, our seats were pretty close!!




                         When they played "On Top Of the World", balloons filled with confetti were released and they used drumsticks each time one came by to poke them and break them. I thought that was super cool!
A video of them singing "It's Time".

This next video really explains their love of drums. They did a cover of a classic rock song by Rush called Tom Sawyer. Correct me if I'm wrong, Dave told me the name and who it was by. I'm not that educated on my classic rock music :/

Of course I had to get a little video of them singing my favorite song by them called "On Top Of The World"! At the end of the video, Dan comes to our side of the stage again :)


Had a really great night! Really hope we can see them again!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment