Thursday, April 11, 2013

"You got me runnin out of air"

Last night was another great show at the Rodeo Club in San Jose, Love and Theft! Opening before them was Canaan Smith and Jesse Rice. I had work/training until 8 last night and I rushed to the venue afterwards because I had a M&G with Love and Theft. The email said to be there by 8:15 to pick it up. So I picked it up and the little paper said it was at 9...so I had plenty of time to get there! lol! I wandered around a little, grabbed a Corona and bought a poster from the merch booth for them to sign. Dave is in LA for work so I was there by myself.....it was ok.....missed him though!! Jesse Rice performed first and I had heard of him and his brother from other people. He was pretty good! He is also cowriter of Florida Georgia Line's song Cruise!! I get to see them in less than 2 weeks for the first time! Pretty pumped for that!! Here is a little video of Jesse singing Cruise:
Right after Jesse was done we headed back for the Love and Theft M&G. I had never had one at the Rodeo Club and it was held behind the stage with the line streaming back into the kitchen area of the venue. It was different! When it was my turn I got up to them and shook their hands...it's been a while since I've seen them/met them so I didn't expect them to remember or know me at all. I asked them if they had fun at the Acm's and their response was "A little too much fun". They were very chill and signed my poster and took some pictures with them. One with my camera and one with either the venue's camera or their management....not totally sure....lol! Also not sure why I didn't have my arm around Eric!!
After the M&G I passed Canaan warming up with his guitar....waved and said hi and moved right along...kicking myself for not getting a picture with him!! I found a good spot in the front, kinda on the side of the stage behind Love and Theft's sound board. Had a better view than last time seeing Jerrod there but no one really complained about all the butt shots I took LOL! Canaan's set was pretty eclectic. I really like his style of music, it seems more popish than country in my opinion but I think it fits more in the country format than he would in others. Would love to see him again!!
Next up was Love and Theft!! It has been SO long since I've seen them in concert, let alone a full set! They played a good hour and a half with a great mix of songs from their first album and second album! They brought Jesse and Canaan back up with them to sing Fishin' In the Dark!! Another crazy part was towards the end when they played Girls Like To Shake it. A group of girls came on stage to dance....not sure if that was planned or not but it looked like it. Then chaos ensued when more girls from the crowd on the other side of the stage were coming on stage to dance too. Now I don't think that was planned!! Their manager and others came over to prevent more from coming on stage....they weren't doing any harm but umm dancing all over poor Stephen...LOL! It was fun and crazy and an awesome night!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment